Wednesday, February 1, 2012

SHOULD I OFFER FREE SHIPPING?


You might think that free shipping would matter to buyers but surprisingly it does not! Most bidders view shipping as a separate expense. If you think people will bid more on your item because of free shipping - you are wrong. You would do well to have an accurate shipping cost and a reasonable asking price for your item. I have raised the asking price to include the shipping in the product price and have had little success. Then I changed these same auctions with shipping as a separate fee. Some people just do not pay attention to shipping as long as the item price is good. The only time I offer semi free shipping is when the item will cost $50 or more to ship. I include $25 in the item price and only charge $25 as the shipping fee. This seems to work better than a huge $50 shipping fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment